1. Supervision: New supervision and prudential requirements for Central Securities Depositories, Depository Participants and Custodians. This enhances safety and security of an important piece of market infrastructure.
2. Client Asset Segregation: Offer customers choice on how assets are held: omnibus vs. segregated
3. Failed Trades: Enforce Settlement Discipline
4. Digital Settlements: Dematerialise all transferable securities for trading
on stock exchange.
6. Settlements Internalisation: To report on settlements between accounts at a CSD / Custodian for trades done on trading platforms. (Note: this does not happen with exchange trades.)
5. EU as one issuance market: Issuers may issue in securities in any EU country opting for any EU CSD; not the CSD of state of domicile.